Follow these steps to import 3D models from Autodesk BIM360 or Autodesk Construction Cloud into your Cintoo Cloud projects.
- Note that the role you are assigned in the Cintoo project must have the "Upload and Download Documents" permission granted in order to do the following steps.
1. Open the Cintoo project in which you want to upload a model, and navigate to the desired Work Zone where the model will be imported, or create a new Work Zone folder.
2. Click the "Upload models" button or select "Upload models" from the drop-down menu on the top right side of the screen.
3. To import a model from Autodesk BIM 360 or Autodesk Construction Cloud click "Autodesk Construction Cloud."
4. Confirm that the Cintoo Cloud app has already been added to your Autodesk account by clicking "Already authorized? Proceed to Autodesk Construction Cloud."
- If the Cintoo Cloud app has not been added to your Autodesk account or if you are not sure, see the following pages for more information:
5. Enter your Autodesk account login credentials and click "Sign In."
6. In the "Authorize application" dialogue, click "Allow."
7. The connected Autodesk account should now appear in the "Select Your Hub" window. Click the account name and navigate to the project and folder that contains the model file to import to Cintoo.
8. Click on the model file to import to Cintoo. You will be notified by email once the selected model is ready to view in Cintoo Cloud.
- When importing a Revit (.rvt) file, you will be asked to select either "Shared Coordinates" or "Origin to Origin" for positioning the model in Cintoo.
- When importing a Navisworks (.nwd/.nwc) file, the model will be positioned based on the file reader settings used when the files were appended in the Navisworks project.
- When importing an IFC (.ifc), JT (.jt), or DWG (.dwg) file, the model will be positioned based on the settings used when exporting or generating the file in the model authoring software.
- Note that model files must contain 3D geometry in order to successfully import to Cintoo.
- If you need to upload a file that only contains 2D CAD lines (e.g. DWG CAD floor plan), see these articles for more information: